We are serious about sleep.
Dr. White and her team have specialized advanced training for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and we love changing lives by improving sleep.
Sleep apnea is a serious medical disorder where breathing repeatedly stops and starts during sleep. Many other medical conditions have been found to be associated with sleep apnea such as:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Coronary artery disease
- Atrial fibrillation and arrhythmias
- Cerebrovascular disease and stroke
- Renal (kidney) disease
- COPD and asthma
OSA is extremely common and recent studies suggest that several factors can increase the risk of developing OSA. Some are hereditary; others are the result of age and/or lifestyle. Do any of these risk factors apply to you?
- Obesity: approximately two-thirds of people with OSA are overweight or obese
- Family history of OSA
- Small lower jaw and certain other facial configurations
- Large neck circumference
- Large tonsils
- Alcohol consumption at bedtime
- Post-menopausal (for women)
- Hypothyroidism (low levels of thyroid hormone)
- Acromegaly (high levels of growth hormone)
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), mandibular advancement devices, and surgery are possible treatment options for OSA.
We have invested in the latest technology to help treat OSA with a highly specialized and custom fabricated oral appliance. We are the only office in the Rogue Valley currently offering this level of care.
Please call our office to learn more about what we can offer for you or a loved one.
You can also learn more about OptiSleep by clicking Here